For several hundred years, there has been a farm in Saalfelden on the Steinernes Meer plateau, which is known today as the Brandlhof. And so the house already has centuries of turbulent history behind it.
The history of the house can be dated back to 1372. The farm's name is more recent. At this point, the Brandlhof served St Peter's Abbey, Salzburg and enjoyed hereditary rights back in the 16th century. In around 1520, the farm was split into the Upper and Lower Brandlhof. Both farms were operated by the Präntl Family from about 1533.
Between 1372 and 1965, the farm had 33 different owners. In 1979, Anton Maier, a businessman from Wels in Upper Austria and father of Birgit Maier acquired the "Gut Brandlhof" Haflinger stud farm with 480 hectares of forests and meadows, 40 Haflinger horses, 200 chickens and a private hunting ground. The ground floor of the farm was still used in part to stable the Haflinger horses, while the owners at that time were using a few rooms on the first floor and the main living area of the manor house.
As tourism continually increased, a bed & breakfast was created at the Brandlhof, which was subsequently converted into a sports hotel. This opened in 1982 with about 80 rooms, an indoor pool, sauna, indoor tennis courts and riding arena – the 18-hole golf course followed in 1983. A number of building phases in rapid succession continually expanded the Brandlhof, making it an unmistakable jewel in the hotel and gastronomy industries. Today, the Brandlhof is managed by its owners, Birgit Maier and Alexander Strobl.
Today, the Hotel Gut Brandlhof with its extensive range of activities is the only one of its kind in Europe. It is one of the leading enterprises in the region of Saalfelden / Leogang.
Visit the Brandlhof in Saalfelden and see our extensive range of activities for yourself. Find out about our all-inclusive offers or send us a no-obligation inquiry. Come to the Brandlhof and enjoy hospitality with tradition. We look forward to seeing you!
In the heart of the Alps, and yet completely flat. The 18 holes of our course will impress any golfer with its five drives over the River Saalach!